7 tips to help you stop feeling tired all the time.
Rather than reach for supplements with often unproven benefits adopt routines to enhance your energy levels.
1. Exercise! The magic bullet for better health, not only will it boost your energy, exercise can also help you sleep when it’s time for bed.
2. Control stress. Stress is exhausting, so reducing it through relaxation therapies such as meditation, yoga or tai chi can reverse the energy drain and even provide an energy boost.
3. Manage your time. Overwork is a common contributor to fatigue, so time management can make a big difference. Even if you can’t control your job, more efficient use of family and social time can help. Set priorities, and try to avoid becoming over committed – or just ask for help!
4. Eat for energy. Don’t confuse the energy spikes provided by energy drinks or sugary treats with efficient energy nutrition. Eating foods whose sugars are absorbed slowly can help you avoid the lag in energy that typically occurs after eating quickly absorbed sugars or refined starches. Think whole grains, high fibre vegetables, nuts, seeds and healthy oils such as olive oil or avocado. A good breakfast of oats and berries will set you up right through to lunch.
5. Make caffeine work for you. A black coffee hit in the morning can get you going, but by afternoon it might set you up with sleeping problems later.
6. Drink water. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to avoid fatigue.
7. Control alcohol intake. A hangover will slow anyone down, but drinking can also exacerbate tiredness, rather than act as a stimulant. Don’t let it become a crutch.
Make eating real food Just Routine